Railz security and compliance principles guide how we deliver our products and services, enabling our financial institution and financial technology (fintech) companies to simply and securely access our products and provide digital services to their end users.
What is SOC 2 Compliance
SOC 2 is an auditing procedure that ensures service providers securely manage data to protect the interests of their customer and partner organizations as well as the privacy of its clients.
Security as a Value: Secure Personnel
Railz takes the security of its data and that of its clients and customers seriously. Only vetted personnel are given access to our resources.
- All Railz contractors and employees undergo background checks prior to being engaged or employed by us in accordance with local laws and industry best practices.
- Confidentiality or other types of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) are signed by all employees, contractors, and others who have a need to access sensitive or internal information.
- We embed the culture of security into our business by conducting employee security training & testing using current and emerging techniques and attack vectors.
Security as a Value: Secure Development
- All development projects at Railz, including on-premises software products, support services, and our own Digital Identity Cloud offerings follow secure development lifecycle principles.
- All development of new products, tools, and services, and major changes to existing ones, undergo a design review to ensure security requirements are incorporated into proposed development.
- All team members that are regularly involved in any system development undergo annual secure development training in coding or scripting languages that they work with as well as any other relevant training.
- Software development is conducted in line with OWASP Top 10 recommendations for web application security.
Security as a Value: Secure Testing
Railz deploys third-party penetration testing and vulnerability scanning of all production and online systems on a regular basis.
- All new systems and services are scanned prior to being deployed to production.
- We perform penetration testing both by internal security engineers and external penetration testing companies on new systems and products or major changes to existing systems, services, and products to ensure a comprehensive and real-world view of our products & environment from multiple perspectives.
- We perform static and dynamic software application security testing of all code, including open source libraries, as part of our software development process.
Security as a Value: Cloud Security
Our Cloud provides maximum security with complete customer isolation in a modern, multi-tenant cloud architecture. Our Cloud leverages the native physical and network security features of the cloud service. It also relies on the providers to maintain the infrastructure, services, and physical access policies and procedures.
- All customer cloud environments and data are isolated using Railz’s patented isolation approach. Each customer environment is stored within a dedicated trust zone to prevent any accidental or malicious co-mingling.
- All data is also encrypted at rest and in transmission to prevent any unauthorized access and prevent data breaches. Our entire platform is also continuously monitored by dedicated, highly trained Railz experts.
- We separate each customer's data and our own, utilizing unique encryption keys to ensure data is protected and isolated.
- Client’s data protection complies with SOC 2 standards to encrypt data in transit and at rest, ensuring customer and company data and sensitive information is protected at all times.
- We implement role-based access controls and the principles of least privileged access, and review revoke access as needed.
Why Compliance Matters to Railz
Railz is committed to providing secure products and services to safely and easily manage digital identities of our customers at financial institutions and fintech companies as well as their commercial customers. These new external certifications provide independent assurance of our dedication to protecting our customers and their data. Undergoing regular assessing and validating the protections and effective security practices of Railz instills long-term trust with our customers and their end users.
Railz Completed SOC 2 Compliance (Type 1) on January 26 2022
Railz successfully completed the AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type I audit. The audit confirms that Railz’s information security practices, policies, procedures, and operations meet the SOC 2 standards for security.
Railz was audited by Prescient Assurance. Prescient Assurance is a leader in security and compliance certifications for B2B, SAAS companies worldwide. Prescient Assurance is a registered public accounting in the US and Canada and provide risk management and assurance services which includes important compliance and security certifications such as, SOC 2, PCI, ISO, NIST, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, CSA STAR, and many more. For more information about Prescient Assurance, they invite you to email them or follow them on LinkedIn.
Railz is proud of our Type 1 report with an "unqualified opinion with zero issues"
We are so proud of our "unqualified opinion with zero issues" audit report. This means that the auditor supports the findings and has no modifications to our compliance practices. An unqualified opinion on a SOC 2 Type I audit report demonstrates to our current and future customers that we manage data with the highest standard of security and compliance.
How can you learn more about Railz's SOC 2 compliance?
If you have any questions about our security compliance, we invite you to get in touch and reach out. You can easily request access to the audit report by contacting our customer success team. We are so excited about our SOC 2 (Type 1) compliance certification and look forward to being your trusted resource so you can build the future of finance off our API, knowing security and compliance is a top priority for our organization.
Troy is the Executive Vice President of Engineering at Railz, leading a strong team of engineers with the goal of building the foundation for the future of finance. Troy Allen has an extensive background as a senior information technology (IT) executive and leader — sporting 25 years in the field. His focus throughout his career has been on not only enterprise user-centred application design, but also the high-performing infrastructure needed to support these applications within mission-critical environments