Wow! It’s hard to believe 2021 is coming to a close. Thank you to everyone who helped make this year a success for us. This whirlwind year has had a lot of great moments for Railz. Check out some of our highlights below!
What Railz did in 2021
We had a busy year showing our Railz API to the world. See some of the things we did in 2021:
- We were accepted into the 6th annual 2021 FIS Fintech Accelerator Program in partnership with The Venture Center
- We were recognized as a Great Place to Work® by our amazing team
- In May, we raised $12M USD in a round led by Nyca Partners, with participation from Susa Ventures, Vestigo Ventures, Entrée Capital Global Founders Capital, Plug and Play Ventures, N49P and Hack VC
- We joined the Canadian Lenders Association and the Financial Data Exchange
- We did a demo of our solution at FinovateFall
- We joined API3 Alliance as a founding member
- We attended a ton of top fintech events across North America
- We were selected as a CIX Top 20 Early company alongside many incredible Canadian ventures
- We were a winner of Constellation R’s The Pitch 2021
- Our data team shared how we approach data normalization and credit risk scoring
🚀 We launched so many exciting product features at Railz
Our product, data, and engineering teams have been busy building you the product features you need to create great companies and products on top of Railz.
- Our new widget went live, meet: Railz Connect™
- Q2 saw the release of QuickBooks Desktop Support, improved Chart of Account normalization from 2x to 4x levels, expanded financial ratios, financial forecasting, business valuations, and more
- New features for our API, Dashboard, and Railz Connect™
- Launched our modern credit score for businesses: Railz Score
- Enabled our beta integration with Sage Intacct
- Launched new dashboard features
- Released new API features for our QuickBooks, Xero, and Freshbooks integrations
- We integrated with Plaid to allow you to securely connect to, retrieve, and view your commercial customers' banking data
- Railz Sites, our no code interface powered by the Railz API & Railz Connect™ went live
- We launched our startup pricing with some incredible incubator and accelerator partners
🤝 We announced a lot of exciting partnerships at Railz
- We partnered with Citadel to provide you access to payroll and HRIS data
- We partnered with Prodigy’s IDVerifact to bring secure digital transformation to financial institutions
- We partnered with Venbridge to launch their automated Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) financing solution
- We partnered with Premier Loan Advisors to provide faster, clearer, and safer borrowing
- We partnered with Powerlytics to provide more actionable financial data to banks and fintechs
- We partnered with Fundsquire to offer a quick, transparent, integrated funding platform
🏗 You built some incredible things off Railz's financial data API
- Corl uses the Railz API to access real-time accounting data in order to automate their financial underwriting process
- Whatifi relies on Railz to automate and standardize the ongoing ingestion of a company's financial data through our normalization engine
📈 We hired a ton of new team members at Railz
Hear from some incredible team members that love working for Railz:
- Hannah Park, Product Designer, shares her experience at Railz
- Mohammad Reza Nabizadeh, who joined in September, discusses demand generation and marketing
- Bryan Backenstoss, our VP of Sales, joined Railz this year
- Troy Allen, our EVP of Engineering, talks about his career background
- Abisola Adeniran recently became our Director of Platform Engineering
We’re hiring! We’ve got roles in sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
Railz couldn’t have had such an exciting 2021 without you
Thank you to everyone who supported us this year and our amazing team for pulling off a successful 2021! Whether you liked our social posts, hosted us on your podcast, attended our speaking events, featured us on your market maps, or built the next great thing in digital finance on our API, we appreciate you. We can’t wait to see what will happen in 2022!
Love this type of content about Railz? Sign up for our newsletter, Railz Rewind, to get a recap of what we do every month!
Samantha Lloyd is the Director of Marketing at Railz. We're building the largest financial data network to support the future of finance. She has a decade of experience building organic growth, brand, and digital marketing for startups and technology companies. In her free time, you can find Sam SCUBA diving, snorkelling, paddle boarding, and jet skiing.